Friday, June 27, 2014

Freedom

 
 
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free, so let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. Choose life that you might LIVE. The Lord commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear God for OUR GOOD always, and to preserve our lives. For we will be counted righteous when we obey all the commands the Lord has given us: “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. Hear and be careful to do my commands, that it may go well with you, for I have come that you may have life, and have it abundantly.”
 
O Lord, I have called on your name from the depths of the pit, and you heard my plea. You came near when I called and told me not to fear. You have taken up my cause and redeemed my life. You have brought me out of darkness into your marvelous light. Now there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Whoever believes in you will not be put to shame. My guilt is taken away, and you let me forget the shame of my youth.
 
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved perfection, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward. I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ. He is my portion, therefore I will hope in Him.
 
In running with perseverance the race marked out for us, God will generously provide all we need, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, we may abound in every good work. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God. Your grace is sufficient for us, and you are able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to your power at work within us. For your divine power is made perfect in weakness and has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness. You equip us with everything good that we may do your will. We partake in Christ's divine nature, and through faith with virtue, we are kept from being ineffective and unfruitful in the knowledge of Christ. May we be filled with the knowledge of your will so that we will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to you and bearing fruit in every good work. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment